Maori kneeband tattoo design

Hi!

Here are the pictures my latest project, a kneeband tattoo in Maori/Kirituhi style. The tatoo wraps around the upper leg, just above the knee.
It has some Samoan and polynesian elements, but mainly consists of Koru tribal designs, filled with small detailed shapes.

First I made a basic layout with flowing curves and added some rows of arrowheads:

maori samoan kneeband tattoo sketches design







Then I filled the tattoo with polynesian and samoan elements, like triangles, waves and lines:

knee tattoo band around leg pencil drawings







My customer approved the design, so I could trace it and optimize the high resolution tattoo in Photoshop. Finally I added some nice shadings. This gives an effect of depth in the overal image

hi res tattoo knee maori band design koru







For updates and current projects, you can follow me on Twitter.

Kind regards, Mark Storm
info@storm3d.com
www.storm3d.com